Submission of Testimony to SIA Organization
Your submission will be reviewed and posted once it has been processed. You will get an email with the link to the website once it has been published. Speaking out and sharing your experience helps you in your healing process but it also helps others. If we do not speak out and share the truth then there will not be change. We all must speak out and share what happened in order to cause change within the industry. Thank you so much for your willingness to speak out, it takes and great deal of strength and courage.
It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.
Robert Francis Kennedy
Helpful Tips for submission:
- Title of the testimony should include the person’s name, e.g. Testimony of Jane Doe.
- In the first paragraph of the testimony, include the name and personal circumstances of the person giving the testimony. This shall include address, email, phone, etc. only the name will be shared and published the contact details will not be included in posting.
- Write an opening sentence which must be in the first person. The same must state that the person giving the testimony is swearing under oath or affirming the information to be true account of events.
- Make an outline of the facts to be stated in the testimony. Determine, which among the listed facts, are relevant and important and disregard those which are not. Arrange the facts in a coherent manner. the information provided is either something that happened to you, or something that you specifically witnessed. Do not speak of items you have heard of third person.
- Described each fact concisely and clearly by providing names, dates, and other information as needed.
- Make a statement that the testimony is a complete representation of the facts to which you are swearing.